- Buy or gather hardware that meets the minimum hardware requirements shown below
- Configure the PC according to the windows configuration steps
- Test that it resumes properly after a power-off
- Ensure that you have a power outlet and internet connection at the desired installation location, and
- Install the TV and PC in its permanent location
- Work with your customer success rep to adjust and finalize the display layout
- A TV that with a resolution of 720p, 1080p, or 4K
- A computer that has:
- Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad-core processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of Storage
- Windows 10 Pro
- Ethernet port or wifi
- HDMI or another video out port that is compatible with your TV
- Sample product: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NNWXMN5/ref=dp_cerb_1
Windows Configuration Steps
Your device should come with Windows 10 pre-installed. Here are the high level steps to configure it:
- Install Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/)
- Turn on auto-login (https://www.technipages.com/how-to-enable-auto-login-in-windows-10)
- Set chrome to autorun with the provided lobby display URL for your TV, full screen
- Optional: install team viewer for easier remote access
- This article describes how to configure a Windows PC to act as a media player for the lobby display feature
- The instructions in this article are provided “As Is” and are not supported.
- While this configuration has been tested and worked, it is not guaranteed and we are not able to provide support for it.
- The preferred setup is to purchase a commercial display from LG or Samsung. Contact your customer success rep for specific model numbers that are compatible. You can buy the displays from CCC or from your preferred vendor.
- Important note: a consumer TV warranty does not support a 24x7 operation. By running a consumer-grade TV 24x7, the warranty will be void.
- Most TVs will continue to operate for several years; but in the event of a breakdown, you will not be covered.